Wilderness Corps Discount Gear Program
Wilderness Corps offers Pro Deal (Gear Discount) Program for its Regular and Active Volunteers. Our Pro Deal Program gives our regular and active volunteers access to gear which is 35 to 40% off MSRP. Gear that is used for trail work is tax deductible.
What qualifies a volunteer for our Pro Deal Program:
- The volunteer must fill-out the Wilderness Corps Volunteer Registration Form and submit it.
- Volunteers must be registered on our Meetup Site as well, as this is where we track who attends which events.
- Volunteers must be regular and active, meaning that you attend our events on a regular basis and your attendance history will reflect this. Just attending a couple of events will not qualify you. We recommend that if you want to apply for this Pro Deal with Wilderness Corps you have donated at least 60 hours of Volunteer Service with Wilderness Corps per year, not including drive time.
Other Deductions & Volunteer Benefits:
- Car and transportation expenses. Volunteers can deduct car and transportation expenses incurred to get back and forth from home to the Project Sites. Volunteers who drive can choose between deducting actual gas and oil used, or else take a mileage deduction at the going rate cents per mile.
- Travel expenses. The volunteer can deduct travel expenses, such as airfare and other transport, accommodations, and meals when performing services away from home. However, there are important limitations: The volunteer cannot gain significant personal pleasure, recreation, or vacation from the travel. And the volunteer must really be working. Our volunteers do serious work, so take the deduction!
- Other out-of-pocket expenses. Volunteers may deduct other expenses they incur during the course of their volunteer work.
- Uniforms. Can be deducted. Wilderness Corps issues patches to Volunteers that have leadership roles. The Tan Long Sleeve Shirts can be deducted as can the Green Long Pants.
- Sierra National Forest, High Sierra Ranger District
- 50 miles Northeast of Fresno, CA
- Wilderness Areas:
- Dinkey Lakes Wilderness
- John Muir Wilderness
- Ansel Adams Wilderness
Access to Free Training
All of our regular volunteers have gotten multiple certifications. All these pieces of training and subsequent certifications are free of charge. The only commitment is your time. Available Certifications:
- Crosscut Saw Bucking Certification
- Crosscut Felling Certifications
- Chainsaw Bucking Certification
- Chainsaw Felling Certification
- ATV/UTV Saftey Course Certification
- Trail Boss Certification
- First Aid/CPR
- Government Drivers License
- Rigging for Trailwork Certification
- Leave No Trace Certification